5 years ago

Mode of Anesthesia and Clinical Outcomes of Patients Undergoing Cesarean Delivery for Invasive Placentation: A Retrospective Cohort Study of 50 Consecutive Cases

Windrim, R., Carvalho, J.C., Nguyen-Lu, N., Allen, L., Kingdom, J., Balki, M.
(Can J Anaesth. 2016;63(11):1233–1244) The main aim of this retrospective cohort study of 50 consecutive cases at the authors’ institution between 2000 and 2012 was to analyze the impact of mode of anesthesia on maternal and neonatal outcomes in patients with invasive placentation undergoing cesarean delivery (CD). In the cohort, 25 women (50%) underwent elective CD, while the remaining had unplanned CD (50%); 34 of these women (68%) underwent surgery under regional anesthesia (RA) while the other 16 received general anesthesia (GA) (32%). Of these 50 patients with invasive placentation, 36 (72%) required cesarean hysterectomies (CHyst).
You might also like
Discover & Discuss Important Research

Keeping up-to-date with research can feel impossible, with papers being published faster than you'll ever be able to read them. That's where Researcher comes in: we're simplifying discovery and making important discussions happen. With over 19,000 sources, including peer-reviewed journals, preprints, blogs, universities, podcasts and Live events across 10 research areas, you'll never miss what's important to you. It's like social media, but better. Oh, and we should mention - it's free.

  • Download from Google Play
  • Download from App Store
  • Download from AppInChina

Researcher displays publicly available abstracts and doesn’t host any full article content. If the content is open access, we will direct clicks from the abstracts to the publisher website and display the PDF copy on our platform. Clicks to view the full text will be directed to the publisher website, where only users with subscriptions or access through their institution are able to view the full article.