Researcher's Terms and Conditions
Researcher Competition: Invite as many of your friends to Researcher!
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the “Invite as many of your friends to Researcher! Competition”. References to “us”, “we”, “ours” and “Researcher” shall be to the Promoter (as detailed in condition 1 (The Promoter) below). References to “you” or “yours” shall be to you, the person who has entered, or is considering entering into, the “Invite as many of your friends to Researcher! Competition”. Entry into the competition in accordance with condition 3 (How to Enter) below shall be legally binding on you and us.
- THE PROMOTER
The promoter is: Stack Content Discovery Limited trading as Researcher, a limited liability company with company number 10218221, whose registered office address is at 1 Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 9DL.
- THE COMPETITION
- The title of the competition is “Researcher Competition: Invite as many of your friends to Researcher!”
- All you have to do to enter the competition is invite as many of your friends to join Researcher and create an account through the unique tracking links that you can find in your Researcher Profile (iOS and Android apps only).
- The competition starts on 17/12/2019 00:00 GMT (the “Opening Date”) so the number of friends that you’ve invited would be tracked from that point until the competition deadline which is at 23:59 GMT 30/01/20 (the “Closing Date”). Note that the number of invites displayed in your profile might be different from the actual number of invites you may have achieved at any point in time due to the competition taking place during a specific timeframe.
- The “Competition Period” shall be the period between the Opening Date and the Closing Date.
- For the purposes of this competition, to be a successful invite means the person you have invited has created a Researcher account using the unique invite link that you send them within the Competition Period.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the competition, you just need to start inviting your friends to join Researcher during the Competition Period! By inviting your friends to join Researcher during the Competition Period, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- If you do not wish to enter this competition, then do not invite anybody to join Researcher during the Competition Period.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter into the competition, nor is there any charge to register for use of the Researcher website and/or app.
- Note that if you are one of the top ten (10) inviters at any time during the Competition Period, your name will be shared on a public leader board on the Researcher website and/or Researcher app which will be updated daily. The public leader board will be removed within thirty (30) days of the end of the competition.
- To be eligible to enter this competition, you must be a subscriber to Researcher – either via the Researcher website or the Researcher app.
- You are not eligible to claim any of the prizes or win this competition if you are an employee of (i) the Promoter or (ii) its holding or subsidiary companies or (iii) Blenheim Chalcot LTF Limited or (iv) Blenheim Chalcot IT Services India Pvt. Ltd or (v) Fuse Mobile Technologies Ltd or (vi) any of the companies within the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio. Employees of these companies can enter the competition by testing the links and inviting new users through the links during the competition timeframe but would not be eligible to win any of the prizes. In case that an employee of the companies above is selected to win a prize, they will be disqualified from winning and the Promoter will pick the next eligible to win prizes person.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and that you are eligible to claim the prize. Please read the section above as it is an exception to this section. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- Note that a person accepting your invitation to join Researcher can only create an account once. If they create an account on Researcher more than once – only the first time they create an account shall count as an “invite” for the purposes of this competition.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct or the conduct of your invitees is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition which shall include without limitation if the Promoter has a suspicion that you or your invitees are creating multiple illegitimate accounts for the purposes of increasing your number of invites under this competition.
- THE PRIZE
- The prize is up to £500 (five hundred pounds) to be used by the winner when purchasing a ticket to attend an academic conference.
- The academic conference shall be chosen by the winner within one hundred and fifty (150) days from the Closing Date and the academic conference must be held within twelve (12) months of the Closing Date.
- Note that if the ticket to the academic conference chosen by the winner:
- is more than £500, the winner shall be obliged to pay for the additional cost to purchase the ticket; and
- is less than £500, then the Promoter shall purchase the full ticket for and on behalf of the winner and the winner shall not be entitled to any refund of the difference between the actual price of the ticket and the £500.
- The Promoter shall pay any monies for the academic conference ticket directly to the conference provider.
- Note that the Promoter shall not be liable in any way should (i) the academic conference chosen by the winner is cancelled for any reason and/or (ii) the winner is not accepted as a delegate or attendee to such academic conference and/or (iii) for any other circumstances which are out of the control of the Promoter.
- The winner of the competition shall be announced on Researcher’s website and/or social media platforms on or around 01.02.2020 (the “Announcement Date”).
- The Promoter shall contact the winner as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date via the email address that is associated with the winner’s account on Researcher.
- The persons who are in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th 9th and 10th place for the highest invites on the Closing Date shall each receive a promotional bag with Researcher merchandise. The address to receive the bags will be obtained from the winners via the email address associated with their Researcher account.
- In addition, one randomly drawn account from all entries to the competition will receive a £100 cash prize.
- If there is no email address associated with the winner’s account, or any of the accounts of the persons who come 2nd – 10th (inclusive), or the randomly selected draw winner (together, the “Prize Winners”), the Promoter may post the names of the Prize Winners on the Researcher website and/or social media platforms and ask them to get in touch to claim their prize(s).
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- In order to claim the prize or the promotional bag(s), the relevant Prize Winner must respond to the email, or otherwise get in touch with the Promoter and prove their identity within thirty (30) days of the Announcement Date. Failure to adhere to this condition 7a) will result in you losing your right to the prize or the promotional bag(s).
- The prize, the promotional bags or the cash prize may not be claimed by a third party on the Prize Winner’s behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Prize Winners. If the Prize Winners cannot be contacted, is unavailable or has failed to claim the prize in accordance with condition 7a) above, the Promoter reserves the right to offer, in respect of the prize to the entrant who invited the second highest number of invitees during the Competition Period. The Promoter may also, at its discretion, decide to split the prize in the event of a tie.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if any of the Prize Winners are unable to take up the prize(s).
- The Promoter does not offer any cash prize alternatives should any of the non-cash Prize Winners be unable to take up the prize(s).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents and/or distributors shall not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for (i) any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents and/or distributors or that of their employees and (ii) for any costs or liabilities in addition to the Prize as detailed in condition 5 above. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- By entering this competition, you are giving the Promoter consent to contact you whether you are a prize winner or not.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- For help or enquiries, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com
- The link tracking may not work for a small percentage of devices. To avoid doubt, for the purpose of the competition we will take into account the number of users invited shown on the leaderboard.